Are you and your team all set? Do you know where to start with your trade show prep? What do you want to accomplish? Those are just a few of the many questions you may have before you attend a Trade Show.
The more things change, the more they stay the same… Trade Shows in particular. There is a reason why this sector and the things that revolve around Event Management continue to grow. They work! Where else can a group of people come together to either view or showcase products especially tailored to their industry needs/wants?! How efficient are tradeshows; According to a survey conducted by the Center for Exhibition Industry Research; business-to-business exhibitions rank second as a marketing and sales tactic and are identified as the primary channel by 77% of surveyed exhibitors. (Center For Exhibition Industry Research) How can you be best prepared to maximize you and your company’s time with attending a tradeshow? At TRAQ-IT, not only do we want to help simplify your events with our product, we also want to give you some useful tidbits on how to prepare for these events. Check our tips below:
1. Make Sure You Select the Right Show- All trade shows are not created equal. Time should be spent on researching the trade shows you want to attend to best ensure your company’s greatest ROI. If possible, reach out to previous attendees to hear their feedback. Take into consideration time of year for the industry you are involved.
2. Set Travel Plans- Don’t wait until the last minute to plan your trips. Look up flights before booking a show to know what is available. After confirming the trade show, book your flight and hotel! Considering the show and destination, rooms could book up fast! You don’t want to have to travel far on the day of the show because you weren’t able to secure proper lodging. Their will be enough to do and you want to make sure you are well rested.
3. What is your Strategy? (The End Result)- Preparation doesn’t stop with booking the trade show and travel plans. What is it that you plan to accomplish while at the show? Do you have any key targets in mind? Make sure you have defined what helps make a successful trade show for your company. Plan how you will carry our your trade show goals.
4. Booth- Would you visit your booth? Does it excite you? If you have a booth on site you want it to stand out so it can best showcase your product and engage potential customers. Booth set up is key in assisting in making that happen.
5. Emergencies Happen- Plan Accordingly. Lastly, things can and do happen even with the best of preparation. Keep your main goal in mind. There will be other trade shows. Each one will get better based upon what you learned from the previous show.
6. Have Fun! Make the most out of your time!